Monday, October 15, 2012

I don't just sell New Houses, I help people find a home

Waiting for someome to call it homeI really do not like to refer to myself as a salesperson because as a Savannah Area Board Of Realtor® I help people find a home. There is so much more to it than just selling. It takes research, intuition, listening and adapting .. after all, Real Estate is a lot like matchmaking.

Many times emotions can take over. While I love watching my clients fall in love with a house, I believe it is my duty to make sure they can put those warm and fuzzy feelings aside and look at the whole picture.



There are the comparables to consider what repairs may be necessary in the future, does it fit their budget and whether or not they have room to grow.

A buyer may be willing to pay a certain price but if the comps clearly show that it's overpriced I have to make sure they are ready to get on the appraisal roller-coaster.

An older home is loaded with charm but charm can also mean more maintenance and big(ger) projects in the future. Those lovely original windows are not the most energy efficient and lead-based paint may be a concern.

The original roof more costly to repair and to replace. The big back yard is a fantastic sanctuary and beautifully landscaped but will you be able to keep it that way?


There certainly seems to be room to build an addition but we do not yet know what kind of easements may exist and where. It's also a major project, can be a headache and sometimes it opens Pandora's Box. You may have the financial resources but do you also have the time and energy to plan it all and see it through to the end?

Buying a home is such an exciting time; I'm always honored to be part of the journey. I love the moment my clients walk into a house and instantly recognize it as a home. There is something very thrilling about having found that perfect match but before a decision is made we got to dig a little deeper and make sure that it is really the one because sometimes love can also make blind.

If the big picture doesn't diminish the excitement, it's time to discuss an offer. If it leaves any major doubts, it may be best to continue looking.

If you are thinking about buying a home in the Savannah, Ga area, please contact me! I would love to be the one to find the perfect match and see you fall in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment